A happy gut is a happy body, and establishing a strategic gut-pleasing routine is vital for our overall wellness. Choosing what to feed your gut is even more important, and finding the right foods that also taste good can be tough at times.
To help you on your path to gut greatness, we’ve put together three easy good-for-your-gut breakfast recipes that you can whip up quickly.
Berry Good Smoothie
A solid smoothie is always a great way to start the day. In addition to tasting great, this morning smoothie recipe from A Balanced Belly offers extra anti-inflammatory benefits, thanks to the added turmeric and ginger ingredients.
Cook time: 30 seconds
1 T cashew nut butter
1 T ground turmeric
Sprinkle of black pepper
2 Thumb-size pieces of ginger, chopped finely and peeled
1 tsp Chia seeds
1 tsp Hemp powder
1/4 c Gluten-free muesli or oats
1 c Almond milk
Comfort CBG Tincture
Blend it all together in a blender or Nutribullet for 30 seconds or until smooth and voilà!
My Everything Bagels
Everyone loves an everything bagel, but this recipe inspired by Turmeric & Tequila will have you and your gut feeling satisfied without the heavy bread-inducing bloat.
Servings: 2 bagels
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 c Self-rising flour
(If you don’t have self-rising flour, add 1 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp baking soda to all-purpose flour to make your own)
1 c Greek yogurt
1 pinch Salt, pepper and garlic powder
Comfort CBG Tincture
Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- While oven is heating, mix flour, Greek yogurt, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Form mixture into bagel shapes and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Take bagels out of the oven, drizzle with Comfort CBG Tincture and top with Everything But the Bagel Seasoning to your liking and enjoy!
Coffee Pound Cake (Keto and Paleo)
Nothing says breakfast like coffee-flavored eats. Combine two of your morning favorites with this hearty, tasty Coffee Pound Cake recipe from Pure Healthy Living, which is both keto and paleo-friendly.
Cook time: 50 minutes
Ingredients1 1/2 c Almond flour
1/4 c Coconut flour
1/2 c Granulated monk fruit
1 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
2 T Cacao butter
2 T Ghee (clarified butter)
1 c Black coffee or latte
1/4 c Coconut cream
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease a loaf pan with a small bit of butter or cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir together almond flour, coconut flour, granulated monk fruit, baking powder and cinnamon and mix well.
- Stir in the ghee and cacao butter.
- Mix in the coffee, eggs and coconut cream and stir until well-incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter in the greased loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes. The bake is complete when a toothpick or knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.