Community member Nicolette Papile’s recipe for Peppermint Choco CBD Shortbread Squares proves that it is possible to indulge in the sweet and festive flavors we love while also making healthy eating choices.
This delectable dessert is sweet, minty and flaky. Oh, and it is also vegan AND gluten-free. Where are my fellow allergy-ridden folks at? Whether you can properly digest dairy or not, surely someone you love is unable to.
She adds CBD to this recipe as an easy way to maintain the CBD regimen that she has been on for the past three years. As Nicolette puts it, “Adding CBD into holiday treats is a great way to make not only you happy, but your tummy too!”
Okay, okay, now for the reason you came... onto the recipe!
1 c Almond flour
1/2 c Coconut flour
1/3 c Coconut oil, melted
1/4 c Maple syrup
Chocolate Peppermint Ganache
1 1/2 c Vegan chocolate chips
1/4 c Coconut butter
2 T Coconut oil
3 droppersful (3 ml) Bloom Farms Relieve CBD Tincture
1 tsp Peppermint extract
White Chocolate Coating
1 1/2 c Vegan white chocolate
1 tsp Coconut oil
2 Candy canes, crushed
2 T Vegan sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together shortbread ingredients until combined and press into a parchment-lined loaf pan. Bake for 10 minutes and cool completely.
- Using a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, coconut butter and coconut oil in the microwave in 30-second intervals until smooth. Stir in tincture and peppermint extract.
- Pour chocolate peppermint ganache over cooled shortbread. Place into freezer for up to 2 hours to set.
- When ready to decorate, remove shortbread from freezer and cut into squares.
- Melt the white chocolate and coconut oil until smooth. (Refer to Step 3.)
- Dip each shortbread square into the melted white chocolate coating, garnish with crushed candy canes and sprinkles and allow to set.
Currently living in San Francisco, Sivan was born and raised in the Bay Area. With a degree in Criminology, she has a passion for criminal justice reform and trashy true crime docs. Other passions include health and wellness and world travel. With just over 30 passport stamps, her goal is to visit 40 countries before she turns 30.